Thursday, May 24, 2007

Here it comes to save the day...

...thank goodness mighty mouse is on the way! I got the MightyMouse working like totally. Side scrolling, squeezing, everything. It took a whole afternoon that I should have ctually been working, but I think it was worth it.

The trick is to use the evdev drivers. These were already installed (I think - I've done a lot of fiddling here). Again, for thsoe that want to know, here is the important bit of xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "MightyMouse"
Driver "evdev"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Buttons" "8"
Option "Dev Name" "Mitsumi Electric Apple Optical USB Mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "7 6 4 5"
Option "HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons" "7 6"
EndSection


The only bit that yoou might need to change is the Device option. To find that out, run cat /proc/bus/input/devices at look for the output that looks like this:

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=05ac Product=0304 Version=0110
N: Name="Mitsumi Electric Apple Optical USB Mouse"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1a.0-2.1/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input4
H: Handlers=mouse1 ts1 event1
B: EV=100007
B: KEY=f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=143


The bit that says event1 means that we want event1 in our option.

The other thing was that the z-axis mapping was the wrong way round, so I used the X mouse debugger to find the right order as above. All is now good in the world.

To prove I am more l33t than yous, I mapped squeezing to cube rotation in Zompiz. This is super cool because you literally pick up the screen and swing it around. To do this, I set initiate_button to Button8 in gconf under /apps/compiz/plugins/rotate/allscreens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home